An Aging-in-Place Resource List
101 Mobility is a local provider of trusted brands of mobility and accessibility equipment. Their staff install and service hundreds of auto lifts, stair lifts, turning seats, modular ramps and platform lifts each year. Learn more by calling 1.888.258.0652.
BenefitsCheckUp helps you find state, federal, and private benefits programs available where you live, programs that help pay for prescriptions, health care, food, utilities, and more. You can also get help with tax relief, transportation, legal issues, or finding work.
Resources for Older Adults & Caregivers via the National Council on Aging
Articles/Books of Interest:
Via the site: "Whether you’re an older adult, family helper or elder-care professional, Staying Power: Age-Proof Your Home for Comfort, Safety and Style can help you understand the process of aging and make scores of simple changes that support independence – in nearly any type of house, apartment or condo. Packed with checklists, shopping lists and more than a hundred key resources in the United States and Canada!"
- Take Control of Your Health: 6 Steps to Prevent a Fall
- Four Questions About Aging in Place
- Aging in Place Alone: Tips for Preventing Injuries and Isolation
- You Can Stay Home: Tips for Supporting Aging in Place
- 5 Places to Improve Access at Home
- Home Design Features That Help You to Age in Place
- Aging in Place and Choosing Care When Needed
- How to Know When It’s Time to Start Seeking Home Care
- Using Technology to Age in Place
- Home Modifications: What Medicare Will and Won’t Cover